I had lots of leftover broccoli from the night before, so I repeated my veggie for Day 3 … something you won’t see TOO often from me.
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 500
- 5 oz. Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Broccoli Florets (Fresh or Frozen work)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa (I used Earthly Choice for this recipe: http://www.earthlychoice.com/quinoa.html)
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsely
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Pepper
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Fresh Garlic (amount to your taste – I used 2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup Organic, Low Sodium Chicken Broth (I use Pacific: http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/broths-stocks/broths/organic-low-sodium-chicken-broth)
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Season the chicken (I used garlic powder, onion powder and ground pepper)
- Once preheated cook the chicken for 35-40 minutes
- Rinse the quinoa under water to get rid of the bitter taste
- Place quinoa in boiling water
- Cook quinoa for about 15 minutes (anywhere from 10-20, I find, depending on your stovetop heat).
- Once quinoa is cooked through, add 1/4 cup chicken broth, fresh basil and parsley along with garlic powder, oregano and pepper and mix through.
- While the quinoa is cooking, sauté broccoli florets (coconut oil and fresh garlic)
- Once the chicken / quinoa / broccoli is all done, serve and ENJOY!
Happily & Healthily Yours,