This recipe takes a little bit longer due to the baked sweet potato, but a way to make it go by faster is to put it in the microwave for 7 minutes on high, and it’ll be all done .. I just don’t have a microwave :).
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 350
- 1 Lean Ground Turkey Burger (I buy Lean Ground Turkey Meat – Usually Jennie-O or Purdue- and make about 4 burgers .. cheaper and you can season them yourself)
- Whatever seasonings you use for your burger (I used garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper)
- Broccoli Florets (Fresh or Frozen work)
- 1 Medium Sized Sweet Potato
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Ground Pepper
- Fresh Garlic (amount to your taste – I used 2 cloves)
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg (if you want)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Once preheated stick the sweet potato with a fork a few times, in multiple places to let it breathe and stick in the oven for 45 minutes. (Again a faster way to do this is in the microwave, listed above).
- Thaw frozen broccoli
- When frozen broccoli is thawed (or if using fresh broccoli), sauté in a hot pan with coconut oil and fresh garlic.
- In another pan, rub coconut oil on the bottom and place the Turkey Burger (seasoned with whatever you’d like) and let cook.
- Flip burger ever 2-3 minutes as to not burn it.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, cut in half and put a little bit of coconut oil on top and sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg & a little pepper.
- Put food on plate … and Enjoy ❤ !
Happily & Healthily Yours,