I am HUGE stir fry fan, but not being able to use soy sauce (too high in sodium) posed as a slight issue .. so, I developed a new recipe that works just as well and is DELICIOUS!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 3 oz. Frozen Pre Cooked Shrimp (Shelled / Deveined)
- 4 oz. Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Frozen Broccoli (or fresh)
- Frozen Mixed Peppers (or fresh)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice (2/3 when cooked)
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Fresh Garlic (amount to your taste – I used 2 cloves)
- Thaw Shrimp – set aside
- Thaw Mixed Peppers / Broccoli (if not fresh)- set aside
- Season and Cook Chicken Breast on the stovetop (I use garlic powder / onion powder & pepper)
- Heat another pan on the stove top for 1 minute
- Add coconut oil and fresh garlic
- Sautee Broccoli and Mixed Peppers
- In a separate heated pan, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil and fresh garlic
- Put shrimp in the pan and let cook
- Boil water in a pot for Brown Rice
- Add Brown Rice and let cook (time will differ based on brand)
- Cube cooked Chicken
- Combine cooked chicken, shrimp, peppers and broccoli in one pan on the stove and sprinkle with sesame oil and let cook together for about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken, shrimp, peppers and broccoli and put on top of Brown Rice and sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds.
- SERVE AND EAT !
Happily & Healthily Yours,