My BIGGEST weakness = Mashed Potatoes. I knew I couldn’t go an entire month without them … so I came up with an acceptable recipe – and it’s definitely a winner in my eyes :). Hope you enjoy it!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 450
- 3 oz. Lean Ground Chicken Burger (I usually make my own by purchasing lean ground chicken meat and sectioning / seasoning and freezing them myself.)
- Seasonings for your Chicken
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 1 container of Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Peel and cube 1 medium sweet potato
- Place cubed sweet potato in boiling water and let sit for about 10-15 minutes (keep checking.. as soon as you can poke a fork in them, they’re good!)
- Drain sweet potatoes when they’re soft – Set Aside
- Thaw frozen spinach in a pan on the stovetop
- Once thawed, drain MOST of the water (not all) and sprinkle with lemon juice and red pepper flakes (to your taste) and let cook.
- Heat a pan and line with coconut oil
- Place chicken burger in the pan and cook thoroughly
- While chicken burger is cooking, it’s time to mash the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potato cubes in a pot and drizzle with coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and cumin and a TINY BIT of vanilla extract and mash completely.
- Heat the mashed potatoes up for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- Place all ingredients on a plate and serve … and ENJOY !
Happily & Healthily Yours,