If you love a “crunch” with your food, then this recipe is for you :). It’s a little messy when eating, but I personally think that makes food more fun!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 3-4 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 3-4oz. Frozen Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup Mixed Frozen Peppers (or fresh)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Rice (2/3 when cooked)
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Lime juice
- Thaw Shrimp – set aside
- Thaw Mixed Peppers (if not fresh)- set aside
- Put water on the stovetop to boil for the brown rice
- Heat a pan on the stovetop and line with coconut oil
- Add shrimp to the pan and sprinkle with lime juice, garlic powder, and A TINY BIT of ground ginger (it’s so strong so be careful!!)
- Put brown rice in to cook (timing will depend on brand)
- While the shrimp is cooking, heat the peppers until they begin to brown.
- Once all ingredients are done cooking wash and dry romaine leaves.
Putting them Together:
- NOTE: I find that the best place to put the ingredients is closer to the stem of the romaine leaf, so that it’s less flimsy.
- Put a tbsp (or more) of brown rice on top of the romaine leaf
- Put some mixed peppers on top
- Place shrimp on top of peppers
- Sprinkle with a little bit of lime juice
- Wrap and EAT!
Happily & Healthily Yours,