I had a lot of fun making and eating this … I hope you all enjoy it too :). More complicated than most of my recipes, but full of awesome flavors!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 450
- 5 oz. Lean Ground Turkey Meat
- Seasonings for Turkey (I use garlic powder, onion flakes and ground pepper)
- 1 cup of Zucchini (about 6-8 slices)
- .2 oz of cooked black beans
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil Spray
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Make 3-5 turkey “sliders” from lean ground turkey meat (make sure to season with seasonings of your choice) and set aside.
- Slice about 8-10 zucchini slices (thickness, a little thicker than a quarter) – set aside.
- Slice the sweet potato into the thickness of quarters
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil spray (so the sweet potatoes don’t stick)
- Spread the sweet potato slices over the baking sheet
- Spray with a tiny bit of olive oil spray and season (I used cinnamon, cumin and pepper)
- Put sweet potatoes in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes
- Put black beans in a pot on the stove and sprinkle with onion powder and garlic powder and let cook down for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a pan, on the stove, for about 1 minute and line with coconut oil
- Place turkey sliders in the pan, keeping an eye on to flip every few minutes
- In another pan on a low heat lined with coconut oil and place the pre-sliced zucchini flipping every 1-2 minutes (so it doesn’t burn and doesn’t become soggy – these just need to be cooked through enough to have some flavor and act as buns)
- Mash the black beans
- Place zucchini on the plate
- Place Turkey sliders on top of Zucchini
- Smear smashed black beans on top of the slider
- Place another piece of zucchini on top
- Enjoy sweet potato chips on the side
Happily & Healthily Yours,