So, you’ll notice that some “Days” are missing – Days 5 & 6 I was in Deep Cleanse … as well as 13 & 14 (coming up) … BUT on Day 11, I went out for a nice dinner and decided that I was going to enjoy myself but remain true to my Nutritional Cleansing journey.
Recommendations when going out to eat:
- Know in advance where you’re going and look at the menu and have an idea of what it is you’re going to go for.
- Not sure where you’re going? No biggie! Plan a meal idea in your head. Most restaurants have grilled chicken, turkey burgers, salmon / tuna / shrimp. Have any of those and ask for them just grilled with no sauce, or sauce on the side! EVERY restaurant has veggies / salads … and you can top any salad with any of those proteins listed above.
- Scared of sauces or dressings? You’re ALWAYS safe with oil and vinegar! Red Wine Vinaigrette works well too :). Still nervous? Ask for a lemon, lime and orange and sprinkle citrus over your salad. DELICIOUS!
I’ve been out to eat 4 times in my 30 days … Here were the options that I went with:
- Day 11: House of Brews – Grilled Tuna Salad w/ No Cheese – Ahi grade tuna served on a blend of mixed greens, topped with tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, sesame seeds. (tomatoes and carrots are a no-no on the 30, so I ate around most of them). Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Day 19: Lunch at Panera Bread – Spinach Power Salad w/ no Bacon or Onions. Baby Spinach, Egg Whites, and Mushrooms – Added Shrimp. Oil & Vinegar Dressing.
- Day 20: Seasons 52 – Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon & Vegetables. Veggies differ based on the time of the year and what’s in season. DELICIOUS MEAL!
- Day 24: Subway – Veggie Delite Salad w/ Tuna Salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, black olives and tuna salad with oil & vinegar dressing.
These were all awesome meals, safe (maybe not the tuna salad because of the mayo in it- but the rest was fine ;-).) and delicious
Yes, you CAN still have a social life while in the midst of your nutritional cleansing journey … and you CAN enjoy going out to eat while still being healthy :).
Hope this helps !!
Happily and Healthily yours,