This recipe is super simple, and can be put together in under 20 minutes (which is key when you’re running around like I am).
This recipe will make 1-1 1/2 meals
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 3 oz Pre-Cooked Frozen Shrimp (Peeled & Deveined) – Some people disagree with using frozen shrimp, I have no problem with it – but, if you’d rather use fresh shrimp you can get it at any grocery store / seafood shop.
- 10 oz Frozen Kale – Again, some people prefer fresh.. but I like to be quick, so frozen works for me. I make the full 10 oz. because – well, who won’t eat leftover kale?!
- 2 oz. Quinoa Pasta (I used Andean Dream Gluten / Corn Free http://www.andeandream.com/OtherProducts.html)
- Organic, Low Sodium Chicken Broth (I use Pacific: http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/broths-stocks/broths/organic-low-sodium-chicken-broth)
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Ground Pepper
- Fresh Garlic (amount to your taste – I used 2 cloves)
- Thaw frozen shrimp
- Thaw frozen kale
- Heat a pan on medium to low for about 1 minute
- Put pasta water on heat to begin boiling
- Add Coconut Oil and fresh Garlic to pan and let sit for about a minute
- Add Kale and Shrimp to the Oil / Garlic mixture
- Add about 2 oz. of chicken broth to the oil / garlic / kale / shrimp mixture
- Let the Kale and Shrimp Sautee for about 10 minutes
- While the Kale and Shrimp is Sautéing add the Quinoa Pasta to boiling water
- Once the Pasta is finished Mix the Sauteed Kale and Shrimp with the Pasta (along with the oil / garlic sauce leftover).
- Mix together and ENJOY!