I looovvveeee stuffed peppers … so I HAD to come up with a dairy free, tomato free recipe to make nutritional cleansing friendly :). LOVED IT!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 1 1/2 Fresh Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Celery Stalk, Chopped finely
- 1/8 cup Chopped Zucchini
- 1/2 Block Firm Tofu (I use NoSoya: http://www.nasoya.com/products/tofu/extra-firm.html)
- Quinoa (I used Earthly Choice for this recipe: http://www.earthlychoice.com/quinoa.html)
- 1/4 cup Organic, Low Sodium Chicken Broth (I use Pacific: http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/broths-stocks/broths/organic-low-sodium-chicken-broth)
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Dried Basil
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop Up Firm Tofu into tiny pieces – Set Aside
- Chop Up Zucchini into tiny pieces – Set Aside
- Chop up 1/2 Red Bell Pepper – Set Aside
- Chop Celery into tiny pieces – Set Aside
- Heat water for Quinoa
- Once quinoa comes to a boil, add quinoa and cook (usually 10-15 min.)
- Heat a separate pan with coconut oil and fresh garlic (pressed) on the stove
- Combine tofu, chopped pepper, chopped celery, and chopped zucchini in the heated pan and let sautee for 10-15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked through, add 1/4 cup chicken broth and season with garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley and dried basil and let cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Mix veggies / tofu and quinoa together and stuff Red Bell Pepper
- Fill a clear baking dish with about 1/8 cup of water and put Stuffed Pepper in the baking dish w/ water.
- Let the Stuffed Pepper bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with a little extra virgin olive oil
- Serve and Eat 🙂
Happily & Healthily Yours,