This was my first hand at Spaghetti Squash, and I am SUCH a believer! I will be eating this on MANY occasions !!
This recipe will make 1 meal
(Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/herbed-spaghetti-squash-recipe/index.html#dialog)
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 300-350 (depending on the amount of spaghetti squash used)
Time: This recipe takes a little over an hour due to the cooking of the spaghetti squash!
- 3-4oz. Frozen Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 small-medium Spaghetti Squash
- Coconut Oil (I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil: http://www.spectrumorganics.com/?id=87)
- Fresh Garlic
- Basil (fresh or dried)
- Parlsey (fresh or dried)
- Dried Sage
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw Shrimp – set aside
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and place, cut side down, in a baking dish.
- Add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a paring knife.
- Turn squash over and cover with foil again and continue to cook another 15 minutes, until the squash is very tender.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds and discard.
- Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place the squash strands into a mixing bowl.
- In a hot pan, heat some coconut oil and fresh garlic
- When the pan is hot, put the shrimp in and let them sauté
- Heat another pan and add the spaghetti squash, a tsp. of coconut oil and herbs
- Add the shrimp to the Spaghetti Squash mixture and mix all together
- Serve and Enjoy
Happily & Healthily Yours,