My last recipe was stuffed sweet peppers … THIS RECIPE is basically the same items transformed into a second meal (don’t you love when that happens??)
This recipe will make 2 servings
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 500 (per serving)
- 8 oz. Jennie-O Ground Turkey Meat (I use the 93/7)
- 8-10 Mini Sweet Peppers (I use Pero Family Farms: http://perofamilyfarms.com/img/slides/mini-sweets-left-1.jpg)
- 10-15 white mushrooms
- 4 oz. Quinoa Pasta ( I used Andean Dream for this recipe)
- Plum Tomatoes (to your liking)
- 2 cups green beans
- Olive Oil
- Onion Flakes
- Italian Spices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Clean out and chop up the sweet peppers and put them to the side
- Dice some plum tomatoes and put to the side (these will be used to combine with the ground turkey).
- Wash off and chop up the mushrooms and put them to the side
- Clean off the green beans and cut off the ends to any beans that need to be cleaned up and put them to the side.
- Put a pot of water on the stovetop to boil
- Place the beans on a baking sheet and spray with a small amount of olive oil spray and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and seasonings – roast them for about 15-20 min.
- Once boiling put in 4 oz of quinoa pasta (usually takes about 14 minutes to cook through)
- Put a little bit of olive oil in a separate pan and cook the ground turkey on the stovetop and season it with garlic, onion flakes and italian seasonings.
- When the ground turkey is almost done, add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms and tomatoes to the mix and let them cook down.
- Once the turkey is done cooking, and the pasta is done cooking combine the two.
- Add a little bit of olive oil on top, and mix the entire pasta dish.
- Serve and Enjoy
I loved this dish, and will definitely be making it more often! Hope you love it too!
Happily and Healthily Yours,