Word of advice: I always bake chicken on Sunday nights to have, to throw into a quick meal if I need to. My lunches need to be quick sometimes, so this is the best way for me to make sure I eat right and can get it done in time. This meal only took me about 15 minutes to make, because I had the chicken pre-cooked. It’s a great way to make your life a little easier ;-).
For you 30 day cleansers, replace the tomato sauce with spinach in a little bit of garlic and olive oil with lemon juice :). DELICIOUS!
This recipe will make 1 meal (with extra sauce)
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 1 Piece of Baked, Thin Cut, Chicken Breast (about 5 oz.)
- 2 oz Brown Rice Penne (I used Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Penne w/ Golden Milled Flax Seed : http://www.hodgsonmillstore.com/en/Gluten-Free-Pasta/Gluten-Free-Brown-Rice-Penne-with-Golden-Milled-Flax-Seed/71518-00063-001_Group.aspx )
- 1 small package of frozen spinach (I use the Shop Rite brand)
- 1 15 oz. can Organic Tomato Sauce (I use Muir Glen – http://www.muirglen.com/products/tomato-sauces-pastes-and-purees/tomato-sauce-15-oz
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Place frozen spinach block and contents of tomato suce, along with chopped fresh garlic in a pot and let the spinach defrost, stirring occassionally.
- Cut up the chicken into small squares
- Boil water for Brown Rice Penne
- Place Penne in water and let cook (time will depend on the brand)
- Mix Penne, Chicken and top with the Sauce (you will not need all of it for 1 serving)
- Serve and Enjoy
Happily and Healthily Yours,