Well … It’s currently snowing outside … and I wanted a cozy, tasty, home-y “breakfast for dinner” meal WITHOUT the guilt …
I put this together and HONESTLY, I’ll never eat normal french toast again.
DELICIOUS. I hope you feel the same way 🙂 !
- 3 slices of whole wheat sprouted grain Ezekiel Bread
- 1 scoop AboutTime Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein isolate (I’m sure you can substitute any protein .. but I lovee this brand and the taste of this flavor with this recipe!! http://tryabouttime.com/shop/2lb-whey-protein-isolate/)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 full egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Granny Smith apple (or fruit of your choice)
- Organic Agave Syrup (or topping of your choice)
- Combine all ingredients except bread into a bowl and mix it until the protein is completely dissolved.
- Dip the Ezekiel Bread into the mix until it is soaked through (NOTE: I left the Ezekiel bread mostly frozen when I did this. The mixture thawed it out and kept it so that it wasn’t falling apart!)
- Place the dipped Ezekiel bread into a heated pan until lightly browned on both sides
- Top with whatever fruit / syrup you like! (I cut up a half a Granny Smith apple and put a small amount of organic agave syrup over the apples and french toast and sprinkled the entire thing with cinnamon).
- Serve and Enjoy!
Happily and Healthily Yours,