For you 30 Day Cleansers out there, you can substitute the tomatoes for red peppers and make Red Pepper Basil Chicken Meatballs … just follow the recipe exactly, substituting the tomatoes with red peppers – YUMMY!
This recipe will make enough for 4 servings
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 oz. Quinoa Pasta (I used Andean Dream Gluten / Corn Free http://www.andeandream.com/OtherProducts.html)
- 1/8 cup Quinoa Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Ground Pepper
- Fresh Garlic (amount to your taste – I used 2 cloves)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Chop the vine ripened tomatoes into small pieces and toss into a pan with some olive oil and fresh garlic and let cook for about 2-3 minutes (don’t burn!)
- Chop fresh basil and toss into the tomato / garlic / olive oil mixture
- In a separate bowl, mix raw fresh ground turkey, the tomato / basil mixture, ground pepper, and the quinoa flakes and mix together.
- Form gold ball size (or smaller) meatballs out of the full mixture
- Place formed meatballs in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, and keep turning until cooked through, and browned.
- Boil water and cook quinoa linguine
- Place chicken meatballs on top of quinoa linguine and sprinkle with some extra virgin olive oil
- Serve and Enjoy
Happily and Healthily Yours,