Hello and Happy 2014! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, but I figured New Year … New Recipes!
I know a ton of people beginning their (and continuing their) Isagenix Nutritional Cleansing 30 Day Programs right now (Including me!!). Majority of these recipes are 30-Day approved …but, if for some reason they’re not, the modifications to make it 30-Day approved are listed!
Enjoy, and feel free to comment and ask questions :).
This recipe will make 2 servings
(Obviously, you can double or triple ingredients if you’re making it for your family or friends)
Calories: About 400 (per serving)
- 8 oz. Jennie-O Ground Turkey Meat (I use the 93/7)
- 16 Mini Sweet Peppers (I use Pero Family Farms: http://perofamilyfarms.com/img/slides/mini-sweets-left-1.jpg)
- Plum Tomatoes (to your liking)
- Olive Oil
- Onion Flakes
- Italian Spices
- Cut the tops off, and clean out the insides of 16 sweet peppers (I find the best way to do this is with a pairing knife and rinsing out the seeds with the faucet). Put them to the side.
- Dice some plum tomatoes and put to the side (these will be used to combine with the ground turkey).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a little bit of olive oil in a pan and cook the ground turkey on the stovetop and season it with garlic, onion flakes and italian seasonings.
- When the ground turkey is almost done, add the diced tomatoes to the mix and let them cook down.
- Once the turkey is done, stuff each of the sweet peppers with about a 1/2 oz. of meat.
- Put the stuffed sweet peppers in a 8×8 in clear baking pan and brush the peppers LIGHTLY with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice (I used traditional italian seasonings).
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they start to brown a little on top.
- Serve and Enjoy
Now, I’m sure you’re asking yourselves ” that’s only 1/2 the meat the comes in the package … what do I do with the rest of it? JUST WAIT! Next recipe will have what to do with the rest of it!
Happily and Healthily Yours,